Applying to study overseas can be a little overwhelming. Having gone through the process before here are the websites and blogs that I recommend you look at.
- Have a look at http://ki.se/en/education/admissions-to-global-bachelors-programmes to find out about the different Masters programme at Karolinska.
- Go to https://studyinsweden.se/how-to-apply/ and follow the step by step instructions. The website is very easy to use and provides a huge amount of information from applications, to visas and scholarships.
- All applications need to be completed through https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/start, you can select up to 5 different programmes (and different universities).
- Look at potential scholarships. I can’t stress this point enough, as a non-European student the cost of living in Stockholm is huge and I would not be here without a scholarship!
I would recommend reading Alexandra’s blog post on scholarships https://studentblogski.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/scholarship-applications/.
Another post I found useful was Preethi’s blog about what to do after you have applied https://studentblogski.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/after-application-2/
- Double check that you have filled out all the documents (and that you have done this well before the deadline!). An awesome motivation letter or letter of recommendation doesn’t hurt.