Studying in multinational group is very advantageous: you can meet and make friends with people from all over the world, learn much more facts about countries and cultures, you even can become more knowledgeable about politics, religions, history. But among all these positive things there is one special – opportunity to participate in INTERNATIONAL DINNER!
The main idea of International Dinner is that everyone has to cook traditional meal of his/her country and bring it to dinner. Before starting to eat the meal, the “meal owner” has to explain what kind of food is it: is it every-day meal back in home country, special meal cooked during Holidays, are there any traditions how to eat it.
In the result, the menu for our diner was:
1) Ukranian “Борщ” (red soup Borsch). Though it is Ukranian, it is super popular in Russia on every-day basis
2) Greek “κολοκυθοκεφτέδες “ (super tasty zucchini balls) from my classmate and digital ambassador Spiros.
3) Portugese “Bacalhau com natas” (cod fish with crème) – delicious main course.
4) Polish “Perogi with Smetana” (something like big ravioli with meat or any other filling).
5) German “Bratäpfel” (desert made from fruits). My classmate told me that it is really easy to cook, very tasty to eat and promised to teach me how to do it
6) Austrian “Kaiserschmarrn” (pancake-like dessert) – traditional Austrian desert.
7) Scottish “Millionaire’s shortbread” (cake) – delicious desert, which made us to eat even more than we physically could, from my Scottish classmate Marie.
It was fantastic dinner and social event thanks to my dear classmates!! Next thought, is to gather more classmates, probably in May, so we can have International Dinner out-doors. I’m so looking forward!
Have a good time and start thinking about what you are going to cook next year! J
See you in next post,